Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hunting

I married a hunter. Nothing short of the Abbotsford standard.

But I like it like that. I've been twice now, (The first time I asked Nick to take me hunting for MY birthday! Shoulda been a birthday present to HIM ;) ) and have quite enjoyed both times! Don't get me wrong - I'm sure I haven't experienced the full fledged hunting phenomenon, but what I have gathered from my experience is this: Walking around in nature finding animals is quite relaxing, and exhilirating. Its a big game of hide and seek. We find a game trail, follow it, look for clues, tracks/poop etc. and then sometimes stop and listen. Hear a branch, look, follow sound. May I add, as QUIETLY as possible. Occasionally, I let out a huge sigh, because I realize I've been holding my breath for half an hour trying to be quiet.

This last weekend both Nick and I needed to take a time-out from life. I encouraged him to go hunting -  but going alone to a place without reception ... hmmmmm.... so I decided to hop on board. We both got a relaxing weekend out of it =)

LOTS of does, but no buck. Too bad we didn't get a doe tag this year!



At one point we were hanging out with 3 does waiting for a buck to come along and
 they came soooo close to us. The closest one was probably about 15 feet away! 

Miro, Truck, Fire, Husband

Fall Colours

Carl's Crossing

Deer Tracks in the Mud

It was a hot day, which isn't that helpful cuz the Deer bed down







No comments:

Post a Comment