Monday 19 August 2013

Whats on the Menu??

Tonight I spent a lot of time in the kitchen! There's two things I've been wanting to make for a long time! And it was just a matter of taking the time to do it - but when I work all day and come home at 5:30 then make Nick and I dinner - I'm really not up to much cooking after that! So today I just decided to do it!

Dinner - Pad Thai. Delicious! One of our faves.

After that I made a delicious soup called FIRE ROASTED TOMATO AND MUSHROOM SOUP WITH ROSEMARY I am generally not a mushroom lover - but I've made this one before and I LOVED it. I made a few modifications! Like lots of garlic, and cream of mushroom sauce, instead of just cream. Etc.  I like to keep the soup in the fridge/freezer for those days where life catches me off guard and I have no time or energy to make a dinner! Easy peezy lemon squeezy!


And for dessert - Banana Bread. Nothing special. Just delicious yummy banana bread. Want to try the recipe?

BANANA BREAD RECIPE

3 or 4 Mashed Bananas
2/3 Cups Coconut Oil (or half applesauce)
1 Tbsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tbsp Salt
1.5 Cups Brown Rice Flour
*Chocolate Chips at your desire*

- Cover Tin Foil (but leave room to breath). Bake @ 450 for at least 45 min.


I love to make this one gluten free and lactose free. Banana bread leaves lots of room to play with the recipe because the bananas keep it so moist and delicious that it covers up any mistakes! And the brown rice flour is easily camouflaged if your not used to the taste!


Happy Eating!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment