Thursday 4 July 2013

Throw Back Thursday - N + G + Love = Engagement




Excuse the EXTRA cheese-y on that title. I wanted to post a few things from when Nick and I got engaged. Since I wanted to have a blog back then already and didn't - I want to be able to post it now - and then have my blog to look back on when I start to forget about how exciting that time was!

Nick proposed to me infront and to the left of where he is standing

 On February 18th 2012, Nick took me on a hike (one of our favourite things!) to Lindemann Lake. It was snowy and not so cold - perfect weather. I had an inkling something was going to happen soon - but I don't like to pry and I don't like to spoil surprises so I shut my thoughts down and let the day happen as it did. We wandered around on the lake and tested out its depth and had some snacks. To be honest I can't remember what else we did to fill our time.
      



Post Engagment!
Ice Skating
At one point while we were walking around Nick stopped to hug me and then said something short and sweet like "I want to spend the rest of our life together, I want to serve God with you, blah blah blah and will you marry me?" (at this point he was on his knee with a ring) It happened so quick I had no time to think! Which led me to say "whaaaaaaaattt" (because at that point - I had not seen it coming!) Then I looked around ... because we were in the middle of the lake all by ourselves, with this BEAUTIFUL landscape surrounding us. And there was snow and mountains and trees everywhere! ... Then I said "Yaaaaaaaa!!!!" (like "ddduuuuhhhhh") Then he popped champagne and surprised me with ice skates and we went ice skating on the lake! To end the night he took me to the revolving restaurant in downtown vancouver! Talk about dreamy!!








And in April of 2012 we got our engagement photos done by Chad Doerksen! Here are a few!




















No comments:

Post a Comment